Thursday 7 February 2013

The usual avocado dip

Hey guys, hope you're all doing well!

So I often make an avocado dip that's similar to guacamole when avocados are available and cheap (since they're usually very expensive). I usually have this avocado dip either with crackers or cornchips or multigrain cakes or as a spread with bread etc etc. It's cool, refreshing and delicious. Thought I'd share you on how I make it and hopefully I can make more of these posts on what I eat and yeah! 

I actually learnt the thought of adding wasabi to avocado from Ochikeron-san's video on youtube :



This is the finishing product :D


Here are the usual ingredients you'll need :
→ 1 ripe avocado (mashed)
→ Half a tomato (diced in small cubes)
→ Half a lime/lemon (for sour flavor and to prevent the avocado discoloring)
→ Wasabi (usually a tspn, but add to taste)
→ Salt, Sugar, Pepper to taste


Mix all the ingredients together and season the dip to taste and voila. Sometimes when I have raw salmon at home, I chop it into bite size cubes and also add it to the dip. 



The dip should be somewhat sour and sweet and have the hint of freshness from the wasabi. 


Anyway, hope you do try it out and also let me know what you think :D
Until then, stay well and take care!



No comments:

Post a Comment