Saturday 21 June 2014

OOTD #5 ~ little red shota

Hello everyone! Hope you're all doing well!

click to enlarge
I'm BACK for an outfit of the day post! :D It's been a realllyyy long while (a year+ now) since I've done an OOTD post :O! 

I recently just got a new camera so it'll be more easier to capture my OOTD with its wide lens.

Anyway lets get into it :)


I call this outfit the "little red shota" inspired by outfits ショタ (shota, young boys) wear especially in japanese animation. This outfit is young and fresh with subtle hints of class and elegance. Definitely a more modern take on what elderly men wear when playing golf. 
Also thought this fun and bright outfit would also go well with my bowl haircut haha!



For the top - 
I paired a red v-neck knit sweater with a light yellow, grey & white checkered short sleeve dress shirt with the collar buttoned all the way to the top. To tie the warm tops together without making it look formal - I added my copper retractable neck chain that is pulled to the collar with the chains tucked inside the sweater. This gives the outfit a more modern and casual look rather than using a tie which looks formal.



The dress shirt was purchased from a store on Oxford street called "Christopher Daniel".
The red sweater is by a japanese brand called "BROWNY" and was purchased from taobao which can be viewed HERE . 



For the bottoms - 
I wore camel/beige shorts with the legs rolled up to be just above the knee, dark red over-knee socks that was worn at knee height, and red pleather boots inspired by marten boots. 
Kept the bottoms warm tone as well but went for a more darker approach on the red since I wanted the sweater to be the main attention. Also since the kneesocks itself would capture people's attention since this style is rarely seen around, so had to keep the red subtle. 
The socks can be worn both pulled up to the knee or bunched up on top of the boots to achieve the construction-worker boots. But since it was quite chilly yesterday - decided to keep the socks up.
Pants was purchased in Vietnam at a store called "SEA". (store was in Nguyen Trai in Q3, HCM city)
The belt suspenders was purchased in Japan in Harajuku at one of the stores on Takeshita Street.
Red over-knee socks purchased on Ebay which can be viewed HERE (warning SUPER slow shipping =A=;)
Cherry red boots purchased on Ebay. (Sorry don't have the link since it was a while ago >_<)

I also wore glasses with this outfit to give it a nerdy, smart fling to it.

That's it for this entry *^*)/
Until then!~
Stay well & Take care!

2 comments:

  1. Nice outfit! Good job! :D hehe (y)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you put the outfit together *u* I really like those shorts, I've been hunting for something like that xD

    ReplyDelete